New Freelanders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone build their own Ak?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone build their own Ak? Empty Anyone build their own Ak?

Post by hawkiye Sun 04 May 2008, 3:04 pm

I have been interested in building one but have not had the time. I noticed there were several vidoes on you tube now showing how to press the receivers.
hawkiye
hawkiye

Back to top Go down

Anyone build their own Ak? Empty Re: Anyone build their own Ak?

Post by dc9 Mon 05 May 2008, 12:23 am

I prefer the SKS. It is more robust and more accurate with a longer barrell and is sooooooooo easy to make into a true selective fire asault rifle (sturmgewehr).

dc9

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Castle Mon 05 May 2008, 5:47 pm

The only problem I see with doing builds right now is the scarcity of parts kits. I think the ATF has put the kibosh on new kits with barrels and that has driven the prices for existing parts kits and AKs in general up.
But here are some good sites for those interested in doing AK builds, though.
Me personally, I'm considering doing a Saiga conversion.

http://www.copesdist.com/ak47.htm

http://dpharms.com/

http://www.akparts.com/index.htm?c50.htm&1

And here's a good general site on Kalashnikovs:

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml

Frank_Castle

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkiye Mon 05 May 2008, 9:01 pm

Thanks for the links Frank...

As for SKS's I like them they are very accurate rugged as hell and easy to use and best of all cheap. I have found they work best unmodified. Every time I have modified one it always seemed to develop problems.
hawkiye
hawkiye

Back to top Go down

Anyone build their own Ak? Empty Main thing on the SKS

Post by dc9 Mon 05 May 2008, 10:27 pm

if you are going selective fire, is to make sure you have one with a chrome lined chamber and barrell. The Russian and Chicom rifles all have this, but the Yugo models don't. It makes a difference during heavy operation and prevents the cartridge case from sticking. My personal SKS is a rare short "paratrooper" model from China that is factory modified to take AK mags. My personal favorite rifle is my M-1. It was made at Sprinfield Armory in March 1943 and "when 30-06 speaks, people listen."

Please refrain from discussing modifying weapons for select fire. Thanks.

dc9

Back to top Go down

Post by MontgomeryScott Fri 18 Jul 2008, 11:25 pm

I prefer my Olympic Arms Armalite --15, out of the box, with an optical sight, although I realize that watch batteries will be really hard to come by, soon.
The .223 rounds are easy to come by, however, as the troops that might be arming against us use these, as well.
Well-balanced, easy to load, re-arm, and shoot, with good to exellent accuracy-
No failures thus far, but watch out for the ammo clips with the GREEN feed springloaders, as these are not cut correctly in the angle of feed to the recievers (THEY WILL JAMB).

MY BOSS EVEN ASKED ME, TODAY, if I wanted to sell this weapon to him, and, of course, I responded in the negative.

SKS is great, if you have a link to the Chinese, or the Russians, but I personally prefer the AR-15/M-16 weapon, and if you wish to modify it, upper recievers are readily available, as Hawkie@.........
net has stated.
Me, I am not a Commie, and if you wish to use these Communist weapons, you WILL meet your demise, perhaps at the hands of a patriot.

What do you think?
MontgomeryScott
MontgomeryScott
MontgomeryScott

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkiye Mon 21 Jul 2008, 5:03 pm

Not sure where you're from Montgomery however you seem to be trying to stir up trouble. Now your telling folks if they use an SKS they are liable to be meet their demise by a patriot. I happen to know many patriots who own SKS's and AK's and any number of foreign made or derived weapons that would beg to differ with you.

Perhaps you should ask a Vietnam Vet which weapon they preferred in nam an AK or M16. Many of whom are the staunchest of patriots.

Cheap reliable weapons with abundant ammo available is the goal. Not condemning peoples choices or insisting everyone follow your preferences or prejudices with veiled threats.

I suggest you tone down the emotional rhetoric a bit and contribute constructively or not at all.

Consider this a friendly warning as I am the proprietor of this site. Thanks
hawkiye
hawkiye

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Castle Tue 22 Jul 2008, 6:40 pm

MontgomeryScott wrote:I prefer my Olympic Arms Armalite --15, out of the box, with an optical sight, although I realize that watch batteries will be really hard to come by, soon.
The .223 rounds are easy to come by, however, as the troops that might be arming against us use these, as well.
Well-balanced, easy to load, re-arm, and shoot, with good to exellent accuracy-
No failures thus far, but watch out for the ammo clips with the GREEN feed springloaders, as these are not cut correctly in the angle of feed to the recievers (THEY WILL JAMB).

MY BOSS EVEN ASKED ME, TODAY, if I wanted to sell this weapon to him, and, of course, I responded in the negative.

SKS is great, if you have a link to the Chinese, or the Russians, but I personally prefer the AR-15/M-16 weapon, and if you wish to modify it, upper recievers are readily available, as Hawkie@.........
net has stated.
Me, I am not a Commie, and if you wish to use these Communist weapons, you WILL meet your demise, perhaps at the hands of a patriot.

What do you think?
MontgomeryScott

I didn't realize Oly Arms and Aramlite merged. Laughing
Well congratulation Scotty sounds like you have the only investment cast AR-15 capable of single handedly winning the next American civil war.
However the problem I have with your post is where you are critical of those of us armed with combloc weapons. That is divisive at a time when we should be united.

Now alot has been said comparing the kalashnikov and the Avanced Rifle 15. Both platforms have stood the test of battle and won the respect of warriors the world over. Both are fine for their suited role. The AK/SKS being a portable machine gun carbine and the AR being a longer range rifle capable of automatic fire. Both have their weaknesses as well. I own both so I'm pretty familiar with them.

But to suggest that I could meet my demise at the "hands of a patriot" simply because I prefer my AK when I'm in the bush, is silly. First off what patriot would attack another for simply carrying a reliable and dependable combloc rifle? I'm not a communist I let the free market dictate which rifle will meet my personal defense needs. And at 150-500 dollars a rifle the AK and SKS are a bargain.
With that kind of attitude Scotty, you're gonna find your self pretty isolated when the SHTF. Even if you make it to Montana.

Frank_Castle

Back to top Go down

Post by MontgomeryScott Sat 13 Dec 2008, 8:47 pm

I have heard about 'prejudices' and 'isolationism' for my whole life, and also about 'principles' which allow individuals to express their own views, regardless of biases by people who disagree with the personal choices of the 'few', but never would I have expected this type of response to my letter from those who ascribe to 'Constitutional Principles'.
Shocked
I was under the impression that this forum was one in which 'patriots' who 'support America' would perhaps be willing to BUY AMERICAN, but alas, the Anton Kalishnikov weapon owners are speaking, and formenting plans to 'isolate' those who still drive American cars, eat American food, and own American GUNS!

Ted Nugent, an American, expressed it best, in his song, 'Dog Eat Dog'.

My personal beliefs are critisized, my integrity as a freedom-loving American patriot has been brought in to question, and my choices regarding my PPTs have been denigrated by a misguided sense of what I have stated, twisting my words until there is NO TRUTH to the 'rebuttals' that I read.

IF you can find an Anton Kalishnikov model 47 rifle for less than $1000, then I would like to see this, and make a withdrawl to purchase it. lol!

Say, weren't the Communist North Koreans, with the Red Chinese, shooting at the U.S. soldiers in Korea (during that 'conflict') using Anton Kalishnikov-designed and built weapons?
Were not the North Vietnamese (NVA) using Kalishnikov weapons against us in that 'conflict'?

Your lack of faith in this nations' abilities and intelligence, deriders of my comment, astounds me all the more, as the 'popular' choice seems to be the weapons of our enemies--- Sad
MontgomeryScott
MontgomeryScott

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkiye Sun 14 Dec 2008, 12:09 am

Montgomery,

Oh please your integrity was not questioned. if your a freedom loving American then why are you deriding freedom of choice in what weapons one chooses?

So would you rather a patriot remain unarmed if he cannot afford an overpriced AR? Free market is as American as apple pie. Buying poorly made over priced product just because it is made in America is not patriotism.

And let me know when you can find an American made car these days as they are all hybrids as most of their parts are made in Asia or South America.

Perhaps we have more important things to consider Like restoring our constitution so we can once again return to real free markets and and allow America to once again become a productive nation so we have an abundance of quality American products to choose from?... Unbtil then I will get what I can afford and what works and is practical. And I hav both Amercain made weapons and comblocs.

PS I can buy Ak's all day for under a thousand more like $500 you should venture into a gun show or store or pick up a paper once and a while and find out for yourself... Shocked
hawkiye
hawkiye

Back to top Go down

Post by mafiafran Mon 11 Oct 2010, 5:57 am

As for SKS's I like them they are very accurate rugged as hell and easy to use and best of all cheap. I have found they work best unmodified. Every time I have modified one it always seemed to develop problems.

online bingo
Roulette

mafiafran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down